So here's the update:
At our appointment today, we had an ultrasound and the baby was monitored for a few minutes. All signs are that she's healthy and well (we saw her breathing and she stuck out her tongue). We have a weight estimate (which I'm keeping secret so everyone can make their "wager" on my blog), but I'm happy with the estimate.
The only "snag-fu" is that my amniotic fluid is a little lower than normal. Certainly nothing in the "danger range", but a little lower than normal. Dr. Stern scheduled another ultrasound and monitoring for Thursday (which is my due date) to keep on top of the fluid level. In the meantime, I'm supposed to drink as much water as humanly possible and stay off my feet.
The "bad news" of the appointment is I am not dilated AT ALL and she has not scooted down AT ALL! During Thursday's test, if the fluid is lower than it is now, I will be admitted to the hospital and either induced or have a C-Section. If the fluid level is the same on Thursday, then I'll be sent home and go back for yet another ultrasound/baby monitoring/exam on Monday.
So... that's the scoop. I'm happy for somewhat of a "plan", but am weary and impatient. The upside is that I know she has to come sooner or later... let's hope (for everyone's sake, especially Matt's) that she comes sooner rather than later. :0)
No comments:
Post a Comment